National Friends of the Library Week to be celebrated at Norelius Community Library October 21-27
KDSN General Contest Rules
KDSN Radio Stations have general contest rules that are in effect during the year. At times, special contests and promotions require the establishment of a separate set of rules. Here are KDSN General Contest Rules:
1. All on-air contests indicate the prizes to be awarded and their method of entry.
2. Contest methods may include random telephone selection, postcard entry, printed entry blanks, KDSN Internet website entry, and text entry.
3. When any contest has a deadline for entry, the deadline is clearly indicated in on-air promotional announcements and any written rules.
4. Contests and promotions are open to listeners ages 18 or older, unless otherwise indicated.
5. KDSN Radio Station reserves the right to limit the winning of prizes to once every 30 days per household. The radio station limits the number of major prizes to once every 12 months.
6. Winners are responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes, if any. All federal, state, and local laws apply.
7. No purchase is necessary to participate in contests and promotions.
8. There are no prize substitutions. Prizes are non-transferable, not for re-sale, and are not negotiable. Prizes can't be exchanged for cash. Violation restricts participation from future contests or promotions.
9. Some prizes have restrictions, suggested expiration dates, and do not include gratuities.
10. Winner who live within a 20 mile radius of the KDSN Studios must pickup their prize. The radio station is not responsible for prizes mailed to a location outside the 20 mile radius. Winners are urged to pick up their prizes a the radio station. Prizes to be picked up at the radio station will be held for 30 days, after which time the prize is forfeited back to KDSN.
11. Employees of KDSN Radio are not eligible. Contests are not open to owners, officers, employees, consultants or advertising marketing agencies of/for any radio station or cable television franchises in the Iowa total survey area as defined by Arbitron Radio.
12. By participating, winners grant permission for their voice and telephone call to be recorded and re-broadcast for promotional use on KDSN Radio Stations.
13. KDSN does not discriminate race, color, creed, during any contest or promotion.
14. The radio station reserves the right to change, modify, or discontinue any contest or promotions without any notice to our advertisers or listeners. Any disputes shall be settled by KDSN Management. All decision of station management with regard to awarding of prizes, the selection winners, and interpretation of rules shall be final. Each contestant by virtue of entering a station contest agrees to accept the decision of the station as final.